Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back at it!

It has been quite a while since I've written anything. My sadness at leaving Alaska lasted a long time. We both were pretty unhappy living in Montana, and finally moved to Grants Pass Oregon in August. We love it here! The weather is mild, the mountains, forests and rivers are grand and they have a great artist community.

I have discovered felting and have fallen in love with it. Nuno, wet and needle felting are such a great hands-on art form for me. Some of my items are for sale on my Etsy site http://www.myphotoart.etsy.com/. I will also start selling at the Parkway Village Arts & Crafts Faire which is held every Saturday from 10am - 3pm. If you are in the area, stop on by and say hi.

Here are photos of a few creations. I will add some shots of Spencer creek in a day or so - we went on a hike there yesterday - it is near Murphy Oregon.
My first nuno felt purse! I just love it! It is fine merino wool fused into unbleached muslin. It has the symbols for unconditional forgiveness on the front, an inside pocket and a nice long strap made of wet felted and braided wool. Mmmmmmm!

I call this scarf Rainbow Connection. It is colorful wool rainbows cascading across the sheer poly silk fabric. It is warm, lightweight, super soft and very vibrant!


This is one of the first scarves I made. It has wool flowers and stems fused into the poly silk scarf. It sold 2 days after posting to a local lady!


I fused hearts cut from old silk clothes into the surface of soft merino wool. It is embellished with silk fibers. I call it Hearts O' Plenty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment