Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Spencer Creek Hike

We took a drive to Spencer Creek the other day, which is about 15 miles from our house. It's up in the mountains and as we arrived the sun began to peek out of the overcast skies. As the ground warmed the fragrance of the fresh spring water and saturated fertile ground filled the air. Flowing water cascaded over my heart as it did over the moss covered rocks. I was alive with joy in this beautiful place and peace enveloped me.

The dogs and I walked up the creek, climbing over lichen and moss covered logs and stepped cautiously on the rocks carpeted thickly in green. The water was clear and the colorful rocks in the creeks path glinted in sun. It was a glorious time!










This last photo of the lichen is an inspiration photo for an upcoming felted creation!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos as usual! I love the fungus growth in the last photo and can see how it would be inspirational for your felt work.
    Keep up the good work!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leanne! I love the colors of the fungus and am definitely going to us them and the shape in a felt hat or scarf. Love & miss you!

    ReplyDelete