Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Feeding Time - Baby Tern, how cute!

I didn't realize it has been almost 10 days since my last post! Not much going on lately. I've been doing a lot of fishing but haven't really seen much wildlife. And the weather has been dark and rainy so even scenic shots are not very good these days.

I did get luck when I took my dog for a swim a couple of days ago. A pair of Terns had taken one of their babies out for lunch. They had it perched on an old piece of lumber that sticks out of the river and they went out to catch it some fish. One of the adults would chase off the seagulls and the other would catch fish and bring them back to feed the youngster. I love the burst mode on my camera - I can shoot 5 frames per second which helped me get these great pictures.

FYI - my back surgery will take place on Friday 7/31. I'll be out fishing until then and will write more a few days after surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment